Wow. you are the first person who I am kind of glad asked your question anonymously because I don’t want to know you.
as a reader of my work I want you to listen to me very carefully: you have major major issues. almost every line of your question reeks of complete misunderstanding of yourself as a man and of women in general.
it’s okay to find yourself more interested in something than others, of course it is, it’s okay to like Cyclops more than Jean Grey, but for you to draw the line at women characters not being interesting to you because you are a man or that you think I am being manipulated by some bitching women is really out there.
and as a reader of the X-Men whose entire philosophy is about tolerance and understanding… you are missing the point.
[Submitted by: peninmyhair
In light of recent events, all personnel are reminded that by DEFINITION all gifts from Agent Wilson are to be classified as “unsolicited.” No matter what the occasion. Even if he manages to get your birthday right. DO. NOT. ACCEPT.]
((A reference to this previous memo.))
[Submitted by: NezumiPi
Should Tuesday’s circumstances ever repeat themselves, our liability-reduction officer would like to issue the following clarifications:
- Skilled, trained civilians (e.g., EMTs, police officers, etc.) may be deputized when necessary.
- Thor is reminded that deputizing street vendors does not obligate them to give him free food.
- Mr. Stark is reminded that making air quotes around the word “deputize” does not free him to use this emergency procedure as a pick up line.
- All staff (esp. Hawkeye and the Hulk) are reminded that deputizing animals is NEVER considered an appropriate course of action, though in hindsight, the cell phone videos of the Hulk running around Central Park yelling, “THIS DUCK OF SHIELD! AND THIS DUCK OF SHIELD!” may have been good PR.]
The Final Word on Why Marvel Movies > DC Movies
- DC: Joss Whedon, we cannot make your Wonder Woman movie because there’s too much ancient mythology, you set it in World War II, and you are just some TV guy. Also, you know, she's a chick.
- Marvel: HEY EVERYBODY, WE’RE GOING TO MAKE A THOR MOVIE! AND THERE’S GOING TO BE FROST GIANTS AND SWORDS AND MAGIC AND A RAINBOW BRIDGE AND EVERYTHING!
- Marvel: AND WE’RE GOING TO MAKE A CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE! AND THERE’S GOING TO BE NAZIS AND NEWSREELS AND A WORLD’S FAIR AND OLD TIMEY CARS AND EVERYTHING!
- Marvel: AND WE’RE GOING TO MAKE AN AVENGERS MOVIE! HEY DO YOU WANT TO DIRECT THE AVENGERS, JOSS WHEDON??
- Joss Whedon: Can I make Black Widow the most badass of the team and also add Maria Hill played by the actress I wanted to play Wonder Woman?
- Marvel: TOTES!
- The Avengers: *makes $1.5 billion*
- DC: … So we’ll make Superman gritty like Batman. The kids like Batman, right?