- Blood comes out of your vagina for anywhere from 3-7 days
- That blood you lose can be around 4 tablespoons to a cup
- a cup of blood, vaginal mucus, and endometrial tissue
- You get cramps that will make you cry. You can vomit and/or pass out from them
- You will get horrible mood swings
- You get headaches
- Your breasts hurt so bad sometimes you can’t even touch them
- You get acne everywhere
- Your actual vagina could be sore
- Your feel constantly tired
- You have a constant fear of soaking through your pad/tampon
- You can’t lay a certain way in bed
- You take pill after pill and it still doesn’t help
- You bloat and gain weight
- You might have anemia (iron deficiency) which can not clot your blood causing so much blood loss it’ll be deadly
- You never feel full
- Everything irritates you
- You will cry a lot
- Once you get up in the morning, your center of gravity has shifted and all the blood settling in you during the night will now rush out of you causing you to clench your legs tightly to avoid leaking
- You get made fun of for having a period ?////?/?/
- You’re forced to go to school/work
- You get told that you’re overreacting
but ya know, fixing your dick discreetly in public is bad too
I would like to add:
- No one tells you that severe physical and/or mental distress is unnecessary and possibly a symptom of serious medical conditions.
- Like seriously, no one.
- Your own mother will tell you to take some painkillers and get on with your life.
- Your health teacher will tell you it’s normal.
- It’s not normal. If any other bodily system caused you crippling pain and debilitating mood swings, you’d get your ass to the doctor immediately.
- Of course, once you do go talk to a doctor about it, chances are right-wingers will want to deny you access to the medicine that will make your life easier because in a lot of cases that’ll be the same drugs as prevent pregnancy.
- If you complain as a teenager you’ll probably be brushed off with some bullshit excuse about “everyone’s cycle is different” because you’re young and (presumed) female and therefore assumed stupid and naive and by the time you’ve got the power to do something about it the stupid excuses have been hammered into your head for so long you probably believe them.
Why girls stress over periods
- The constant fear of bleeding through clothes
- The constant cramps
- Having to change pads/tampons every 2-4 hours
- Having to deal with mood swings
- Having to deal with boys going ‘Oh someones on their period’
- When you stand up its like a waterfall from your vagina
- Craving food to calm you down
- The constant fear that you smell of blood even though you dont
- Feeling over emotional
- FUCKEN CRAMPS
YOU MEAN I DON’T ACTUALLY SMELL LIKE BLOOD?!
If your cramps (or any other physical symptom of menstruation) are “constant” and/or severe enough that they interfere with everyday life, go see a doctor. You wouldn’t put up with that bullshit from any other basic biological function. Being in severe pain is not normal and it could be indicative of some underlying health problem.
- Uterus: Oh right.
- Uterus: Menstruation.
- Uterus: I knew I was forgetting something.
Why having a period is like being a werewolf
- Once a lunar month, your body starts doing things that even you don’t fully understand.
- You and your pack end up on the same schedule, one way or another. There’s this whole kinetic telepathy thing going on between you.
o Which would be really cool if the transformation itself didn’t hurt like a bitch and inconvenience you.
- Only you and those like you are capable of creating more of your kind.
- Your body gets super-hardcore, like, you can bleed for an entire week and survive, you get a really high pain tolerance, and sometimes medications don’t even have an effect on you.
- You get so. Very. Hungry.
- Certain substances make you crazy in unexpected ways.
- There’s a lot of inaccurate information about it on the Internet and in the media, which is occasionally funny, but mostly irritating.
- If you find yourself writhing on the floor and howling, that’s pretty much par for the course.
- People may mock or disparage you because of it. They also might chalk your decisions up to it, even when it’s entirely irrelevant. This makes you want to rip their heads off with your teeth no matter what time of the month it is.
o They are also likely to expect you to keep it a secret for their own peace of mind.
o Otherwise they’re probably going to call you a bitch.
- You feel a kinship with those who have undergone the same traumatic changes.
- There’s a strong physiological desire to have sex, but you feel like a fucking monster.
- Your emotions start manifesting externally. Scratching and biting may seem like perfectly understandable activities during this time.
- People might try to imply that you’re somehow inferior because of it, but that’s bullshit and we all know it.
where can I uninstall my period
i think if you download pregnancy it blocks it for a few months but then you get a really annoying loud pop up that doesn’t go away for 18 years
Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again
did you try taking the battery out?
put it in rice overnight
There’s actually some third-party plug ins that can help with the problem without the issues associated with the pregnancy fix, but they do require constant maintenance andI’ve heard anecdotes of them messing with some systems.
you know what’s not fair
normally when people get debilitating stomach cramps and fevers, they stay home from work or school for a day or two
but then you get your period and you’re expected to pOWER THROUGH IT LIKE A WOMAN AND GET SHIT DONE ANYWAY BECAUSE YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE OFF EVERY MONTH EVEN AS THE FLESH IS TORN FROM YOUR UTERUS AND PURGED IN RIVERS OF BLOOD FROM YOUR VAGINA
why is that
Also if you are regularly feverish and in too much pain to move and have no control over your emotions for pretty much any other reason ever people will tell you to get immediate medical attention, but when it’s menstrual symptoms you get told OH EVERYONE’S CYCLE IS DIFFERENT CRAMPS ARE NORMAL TAKE SOME MIDOL AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE
uh no DEBILITATING CRAMPS AND MOODSWINGS ARE NOT UNAVOIDABLE GO SEE A DOCTOR THERE ARE THINGS THEY CAN GIVE YOU TO MAKE IT LESS HIDEOUSLY UNPLEASANT TO BE A GIRLSHAPED PERSON OF CHILDBEARING AGE
master list of period cramp remedies:
✧ ibuprofen, advil, midol, etc.
✧ orgasm via sex or masturbation
✧ tea (raspberry, chamomile or peppermint is especially helpful)
✧ dong quai (supplements, tea, root, anything)
✧ hot bath/shower
✧ hot water bottle/heating pads
✧ swimming, yoga, light exercise
✧ healthy balanced diet with little caffeine, alcohol
✧ multivitamins (vitamin E, zinc, magnesium and calcium help cramps)
✧ rubbing your stomach
✧ deep heat rubs or patches
✧ raise your legs higher than your groin
✧ birth control
✧ shepherd’s purse (can be made into tea)
✧ ice on your belly/groin
✧ hot tub
✧ putting pressure on your lower abdomen to expel the blood accumulation
✧ rocking back and forth
✧ curling up in the fetal position in the middle of the floor (preferably where other people have to walk)
✧ cursing that one friend you have who says she doesn’t get cramps, and all her descendents unto the seventh generation
oh for fuck’s sake
it is not fair
i have cramps and it is too hot to curl up in the fetal position
A woman recently went to use a Kotex brand tampon and fortunately was a little clumsy getting it out of the packaging and discovered patches of mold growing all over the product that was seconds away from being inserted inside her. She wrote to the manufacturer and was horrified to discover that this is fairly common and received nothing more than a cookie cutter apology and some coupons to buy more of their products.
I urge anyone who uses this brand or other brands of tampons to pay closer attention when using or to perhaps consider switching to a different type of reusable product such as a Diva Cup or washable cloth liners. This is absolutely repulsive and although I no longer have periods, I felt I should inform my followers about this for their own health and safety.
I literally JUST put in a tampon without looking at it. wtf Kotex!!
Oh dear god.
eeewwwww. I’m really glad i don’t put in tampons without taking them out of the little plastic thingies (i had a bad experience once ok)
I really need to buy that Diva Cup
this is fucking ALARMING. I now use a diva cup (in as we speak, woop!) but, how many tampons have i used in the past? uuughhhhh. Please, please, be careful, menstruating folks.
OMG. Anyone who uses a tampon be advised! Much gratitude to my inner voice that told me to abort the tampon I once used after 10 minutes. Never used one again. How does this even happen though wow.
well if tampons didn’t already scare the shit outta me…
if i ever menstruate in the future…
i will never get this image out of my head omg
and this is why I like OB no applicator tampons.
Yup, this looks like one more reason to use no-applicator tampons (you know, besides that they produce less packaging waste, are smaller and more discreet, come in boxes of like a zillion…)
Oh. My. (Probably a TMI post)
So I decided this morning that if after three months the birth control pills aren’t doing much about the facial hair like my doctor told me they might, they probably aren’t going to (they have nicely evened out my period, though, which is the primary reason I went on them: I’m menstruating on a predictable cycle for the first time in my life, which is such a blessing after almost a decade of second-guessing my body).
And although I’ve never particularly cared before, I kind of felt like doing something about the hair. So I shaved.
HOLY CRAP AND I THOUGHT SHAVING MY LEGS FELT SEXY. Full-beard-growing-types, you have been holding out on the rest of us. I am severely disappointed that no one has ever told me how good it feels to shave one’s throat and jawline.